Saturday, May 16, 2009

Do What You Like to Do

At some time in our lives we have tried to be creative, whether it be writing, painting, drawing, or preparing a speech. We also do not think we can we something we have not tried before. One thing is for sure that we at least try. There is something rewarding that an idea to paint or draw, or get ready for the speech that we have to in front of a room full of people. I was one of those people .... and thought I could not, but with will and determination and a lot of support from my husband and family, I started to collect all the materials I would need to express my ideas to life on a piece of paper. I had always loved to paint, and only with a few art classes in school and now in my early 60s, I am doing what I always wanted. Although I am far from a professional artist who someday might exhibit their work in some well-known art gallery, I have achieved what I have begun, and that is for me and to be creative.

intimidation was not the word, when I got my first article in a group setting. I was nervous and envied all the other artists. I knew that nobody, including me, but I was committed to my art. I was wrong, as I sold a piece. Then I have another show that does not go that great, but I was there between the great and famous artists in the region. I have several shows that after the sale and sold one or two pieces of the portfolio. One day I was approached and asked if I would like to have a solo exhibition. Now, to say the least, I was thrilled. I sold 7 and 12 pieces framed portfolio. I was always so grateful for this opportunity was. Even while I was on holiday at the beach and painting I sold several pieces. I tried my own website design and was successful in running it and now my own business.

Creativity is something that is born in us. Some people say they can not draw a straight line, or if they have a knitted sweater, it would terrible. Others would say they would never in front of a room with a few hundred people and their views on a particular topic. I am grateful that I learned how to get to my own fears and do the things I've always wanted. Life is too short to worry about what people think. It is what you think matters. Take that brush, the knitting needle or on the speech which you are afraid to write. Do not let anything or anybody you. I had my family and friends, who helped me with my painting and I am sure you have someone behind you. Enjoy! Express Yourself! Achievement!

We all have something in our lives that we have to do ... I say it .... You only live once. Thank you to all my friends and family, I am encouraged.



Autor: Jacqueline Coote Jacqueline Coote
Level: Platinum
Jacqueline Coote (Jackie) of New Fairfield, Ct., a self-taught artist and a member of the Candlewood League of Artists and the Society of Creative Arts ... ...

"Nothing Leaves An Impression Like A Lasting One"...

http://www.impressionsbyjackie.com


Added: May 17, 2009
Source: http://ezinearticles.com/

0 comments:

Ochre FixSim_112007